Are you a US resident selling through StubHub International market? In case you have sold and received payments for tickets sold between January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, we (as a payment settlement entity) are obligated to comply with local regulations.
In order to generate a complete 1099-K Form as required by state and federal tax laws, you will need to provide us your TIN Number.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is a TIN Number?
- How to provide the TIN?
- What happens if I don't provide my TIN?
- When will I receive the 1099-K Form?
- What's next?
What is a TIN Number?
TIN stands for Taxpayer Identification Number. Only available for certain nonresident and resident who cannot get a Social Security Number (SSN). It is a 9-digit number, beginning with the number "9", formatted like an SSN (NNN-NN-NNNN).
Please note that you, as a payee, will also receive a copy of the form 1099-K. This form will include the gross amount of the reportable payment transactions made to you on our platform during the Fiscal Year of 2022.
How to provide the TIN?
There are two ways to provide this information.
- During the listing process – In step 3 (Seller Information), we will ask you for some personal and contact information, and the last point, will be Tax Information. Here you will need to include you TIN Number.
- IMPORTANT: If you don't complete this section (Seller Information), you cannot receive your Form 1099-K from StubHub International.
- From your StubHub International account – Go to Profile section and under TAX INFORMATION, click on Add TIN/SSN to include the details.
Please, kindly note that:
We will only file 1099-Ks for the years you meet the reporting criteria (as of today when you receive more than $20,000 in payments from over 200 transactions in gross payments in the calendar year 2022).
The same TIN can be used for more than one account. We will consolidate the gross sales and issue a single Form 1099-K for all the accounts under the same TIN.
If you cannot see the ‘Tax Information’ area on your Profile, please, verify that you have set your US address as Primary contact on your Settings.
What happens if I don't provide my TIN?
Did you get a communication from StubHub International asking to provide this information? Please, don't forget to complete it as soon as possible.
When will I receive the 1099-K Form?
Once the Form 1099-K has been filed by StubHub International, we will send you a communication with instructions on how to access and download your Form between January 31st and June 1st.
No printed copies of Form 1099-K will be posted to the sellers.
Once received, you must eFile their 1099-K with the IRS by March 31st each year. The 1099-K paper filing deadline is February 28th.